Friday 23 September 2011

Caliper

CALIPER

–noun

1. Usually, calipers. an instrument for measuring thicknesses and internal or external diameters inaccessible to a scale, consisting usually of a pair of adjustable pivoted legs.
2. any of various calibrated instruments for measuring thicknesses or distances between surfaces, usually having a screwed or sliding adjustable piece.
3. thickness or depth, as of paper or a tree.
4. Usually, calipers. the pincers of an earwig.
5. Automotive . the part of a disc-brake assembly that straddles the disc and presses the brake pads against it.
6. a similar part used with a hand brake on a bicycle.
–verb (used with object)
7. to measure with calipers.
–verb (used without object)
8. to use calipers.

















Struggling to get out of bed ?
Developing a sad case of caliper pillows.
Howling at the moon.

1 comment:

justlovepoetryink staff said...

Hello Spacedlaw! My name is Michelle Antoinette aka LOVE the poet and I see you are very much into blogging, and scribing witty tercets. I am currently seeking backers to invest in my Kickstarter project. I am a nationally known poet and published author with work currently on display at the Baltimore Museum of Art...I am also a musician and am currently working on my music. I am asking you to please take a moment and check out my project (http://kck.st/nUfbFW )it's entitled Gemini Moon: journey inside my mind under my stage name LOVE the poet ... thank you so much for your time and I hope you see my project as art worth sponsoring :)