1. reflected light; sheen; gloss
2. radiance or brilliance of light
3. great splendour of accomplishment, beauty, etc.
4. a substance used to polish or put a gloss on a surface
5. a vase or chandelier from which hang cut-glass drops
6. a drop-shaped piece of cut glass or crystal used as a decoration on a chandelier, vase, etc.
7. a shiny metallic surface on some pottery and porcelain
8. (mineralogy) the way in which light is reflected from the surface of a mineral. It is one of the properties by which minerals are defined